This is a Facebook bit of nonsense. “Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you…” Etc. May as well put it here, too, now I’ve spent the time.
1. I’ve been wrestling with a cowlick above my right temple since I can recall.
2. I was addicted to Gilmore Girls.
3. I despise the phrase “On the same page”.
4. I love a brand new, empty sketchbook– full of possibility.
5. A nap on a summer’s afternoon, with sun and a breeze coming in the window, is a luxurious simple pleasure.
6. I don’t like pasta al dente and it irritates me that one is supposed to.
7. I battle between acquiescence and resistance.
8. I think fluorescent colors and fluorescent lights are contributors to what’s wrong with this world.
9. I believe watching/listening to the News too much can make it more difficult to be a force for good.
10. I don’t have health insurance.
11. I am a pack rat– I become irrationally attached to things, even when I’m not at all sure why I’m saving them.
12. I read the advice column on Salon.com over coffee on most weekday mornings.
13. Weird porcelain kitsch makes me smile but I don’t collect it.
14. Pet peeve: poor grammar, spelling, punctuation
15. I enjoy wearing skirts but I’m always cold, so I wear pants most of the time.
16. In recent years the [number of ideas for art projects I’ve had] v. the [number of projects I’ve actually executed] has become a very poor ratio to my thinking.
17. Pratt Institute still owes me my diploma.
18. I love objects and books that are over 100 years old, or that look like they could be.
19. I appreciate being a freelancer because I enjoy spending great chunks of time alone.
20. I learned how to dance a Polka on the sand at Coney Island on a cold, empty autumn day, many years ago. (I’ve forgotten the steps.)
21. I miss having giant fishes swimming around in a tank in my house.
22. I prefer my toenails painted (as opposed to unpainted).
23. I’ve never understood the popularity of Eames furniture.
24. I glean hope and reassurance from Tove Jansson’s Moomin books.
25. I am a compulsive list-maker.